Sunday, May 11, 2008

New Running Partner

Yesterday, my wife of twenty-eight years joined me in the Fifth Third River Bank Run. She ran her first 5k race while I ran the traditional 25K. She has been running about three miles per weekday (she bikes on weekends) since I converted the extra bedroom into a workout room equipped with treadmill, stationary bike, and weight machine.

I have been running road (and now trail) races since 1985. In all those years, she never took an interest in running and was a smoker since her teen years (she finally quit about eight years ago). To see her running was pretty exciting. Her time was slow by runner standards but she enjoyed it and even hung around another ninety minutes until I finished. Now, she wants to know when the next race is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment that is relevant to this post. Thanks!