I'm not normally a negative person but these things have been building for 53 years and it's time to get them out. I definitely know I'm not perfect and would likely make someone else's list. However, that's no excuse for the things I'm about to write.
These are the people I have little use for:
1. Vehicle drivers who don't give way to pedestrians. This includes old people who look scared to death as they roar by me on their way to church on Sunday mornings.
2. Fat drivers who pull into a fast-food restaurant hell-bent for leather, as if they were on some sort of mission to save the world (but could care less about the person they nearly ran over).
3. People who always give you the excuse they can't run because of their knees. What a crock!
4. Drivers who insist on not stopping at the sold white line at intersections but prefer instead to block the crosswalk.
5. Anyone who runs through a red light.
6. Police officers who are sitting at intersections when someone does run a red light (or does a "rolling stop" before turning right on red), and do nothing about it. Instead, they convince taxpayers to pay for expensive video cameras at intersections that do nothing to solve the problem (you can't mail a ticket in Michigan).
7. Men who are always talking on the telephone (or cellphone) like women used to do.
8. Boys (and men) who don't have the decency or common sense to pull their pants up around their waste and secure them with a belt.
9. People who disrespect others by showing up to scheduled meetings late (or not at all).
10. Girls who physically fight with other girls.
11. Drivers planning to make a right turn but never looking right before they pull out (wake up, stupid!).
13. People who work for telemarketers.
14. Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John McCain (Lord help us!).
15. People, especially talk-show hosts, who spew venom about public schools but have never run for the school board, never participated in a boosters club, wouldn't have any clue how to teach a room full of kids all day long for nine months, don't have a clue about their neighborhood school's improvement plan, and usually don't even have a college degree themselves (that's you, Rush).
16. Teachers who want to be treated as salaried professionals but only withing the limits of their blue-collar union contract.
17. People who insist on playing their car stereos so loud they can be heard coming for two blocks.
18. People who join gangs because you are too stupid to realize you are just being used.
19. Parents who barely passed anything in school and now think they are experts on how to educate children.
20. And, don't forget those helicopter parents. Sure glad I grew up in the 60's and 70's!
21. Kids who can't do anything without calling mom or dad on their cell phones to find out how. There was no way I was ever going to waste a dime on a pay phone call to my mom or dad.
22. People who watch 24-hour television news so much they think everything has gotten worse just because they heard the same thing over and over and over and over and...
23. People who have handicap parking stickers but don't need them (you know who you are!).
24. People who ask me what my time was for a 50-mile trail run (good Lord, I'm just happy to finish it).
25. People who can't have a conversation with anyone without spewing profanity in every sentence.