- An unexpected resignation put me in the driver seat as superintendent two months into the school year.
- I weathered the resignation of the school-board president and a local media frenzy looking to kick an injured dog while it's down.
- Made a number of administrative leadership changes designed to get us out of a rut and move the district forward.
- Passed a small bond issue and accomplished a number of major "repairs" on a weak plan to add classroom space.
- Took steps to help with the transformation of the district to a 21st century, technology-based learning culture.
- Brought staff together and opened up the communication process to a point of near-total transparency.
It was a good year, but please pass the aspirin.